Friday, December 14, 2012

THE JOURNEY

Life is a journey. For some of us it is scary as hell. Some seem to skate by unscathed. Luckily I have lived a little of both. I am learning not to allow the tragedies of the past to affect my future, and to embrace my time, searching for the purpose and meaning of my existence. The last 20 years have been a real adventure, filled with love and excitement, learning and wisdom. I was blessed to have met my soul mate, the love of my life, and to have lived and loved these 20 years by his side. On October 15, 2012, my beloved moved on in his journey from this life and into the next step of his adventure. I know without a doubt that he is still here with me, watching over me and guiding me, for love never dies. Some day I will join him, and we will continue our work in that other place, a place that I imagine is full of lush fields, perfect weather and big, white fluffy clouds in a beautiful blue sky. The equipment never breaks down or runs out of fuel, the animals are always happy and healthy, and there is always enough of everything for everyone. No sickness, sadness, fear, hatred - only love. Love is what we are all here to experience, and in that experience we will find bliss.

Many years ago I wrote a poem in memory of my dearest furry friend, Brandy, my once in a lifetime dog. I am sharing the last paragraph of it, as it also has it's place here, in this blog, as I honor the soul connection I have with those I love so much:
                       And we will meet again my friend
                       when destinies unfold
                       and together we will run again
                       upon the fields of gold

This blog is the story of our journey.

Much love to all

1 comment: