Thursday, May 8, 2014

Birthday Bliss

This whole week has been pretty amazing. Tuesday Ronnie, Julie and Emma came over and we roasted metts over the campfire, Ronnie made cheese cake, and we shot off fireworks. They stayed late and I felt so loved and cared about. It was one of those days that I felt like I was floating in happiness and security. Then Wednesday, Prudy and Mason brought me a dozen white roses and balloons and a gigantic cupcake. Then today, Prudy took me to lunch. Best birthday I have had in a long time. Oh, and Ronnie got me some beautiful hanging plants also.

Today I also got the old finish mower out of the weeds and tried to get it hooked up to mow. It took some doing, but we got it attached to the three point hitch, but the PTO shaft was seized up and I could not get it loose. Sprayed some wd40 on it and worked it with a wrench and lever and finally got it moving and turning the blades, but the shaft still would not pull forward to attach to the PTO. We let it rest for a couple hours and then went back at it and WOO HOO, we got it loose, and got it hooked up. But now we cant get one of the bar hitches to go on. It did before, so I am going to be patient and let the wd40 do its work on that and tomorrow I will try to tackle it again.

And now I am very sore and I think I deserve a nice relaxing evening on the patio with my Kindle. Today was a small victory for me. I figured out how to do some things for myself. I can do this. I just don't want to do it alone. You know, that's the thing. I know that I am capable and independent, but I also like having someone to lean on, to ask for help and advice. Who has my back. It is so nice.

So thank you all for the wonderful birthday. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment