Monday, September 9, 2013

Busy Being Happy

Seems like a while since I have posted. I have been having so much fun that I haven't taken much time to blog. The words are right there on the edge wanting to come out but just don't seem quite ready yet. Usually when this happens, I sit here, grasping for words and don't feel as if I make much sense. This is turning out to be one of those days. But really, I needed to check in and say hello.

Something I need to post about is the reactions of loved ones when you decide to move on after the loss of a great love. I am fortunate that the majority of my family and friends are being extremely supportive and are excited that Ronnie and I have found one another and we are so very happy. That makes it so much easier to enjoy the bliss of a new and wonderful relationship. As I have mentioned previously, each of us grieves in our own way and in our own time. In the beginning, I was resigned to the fact that based on the amount of love I had for Chip, that I may never love another again. But as I have worked through my grief, I have begun to realize that not only was I beginning to long for a companion to walk beside in the physical, but also that Chip was encouraging me to do so. Looking back at some of my past posts, I can see where the idea was emerging that someone was on his way, and I began to feel the pull of his heart. I probably resisted for a while, out of love and respect and probably a little guilt. But once I opened up and allowed, my knight in shining armor appeared. I don't want to make this a personal post, but rather one that is encouraging to others who may be going through the same thing. When you are ready, you will know. Without a doubt. Before, I had felt doubt, was confused and off balance. Now I know that what I have is real and true. You will know. And it will be ok. I have no doubt that Chip is behind this whole thing, loving and encouraging us. I believe that Ronnie and I are destined to be one. And now that I am having this feeling of peace and contentment, I know that it is right and good. And you will too.

Remember, there is always room for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment