Monday, February 25, 2013

Deep In Thought

Ever notice how we all seem to be battling with our inner demons all the time? Should I do this? Why did I do that? Will I ever (fill in the blank ) ? Am I good enough, smart enough, funny, pretty,strong enough? You know what? Life comes at us. It is our choice how we take it. Yeah, bad shit happens to us all, and so does the good stuff. It is how we perceive life that makes it "ours". We are each unique souls on a journey, to find our own truth. Some will choose to stick their head in the sand and hide from the pain ( and the joy ) and others will face life full-on, arms wide open, yelling " bring it on baby!"
Isn't it time to shed that outer you, the part that is controlled by the ego, the one that makes you doubt and fear? Wayne Dyer refers to the ego as "Edging God Out ". Get it?  Carl Jung says " Healing comes only from that which leads the patient beyond himself and beyond his entanglements with ego."  I am working on allowing my higher self come forward, pushing the ego to the back. It's hard. An example is, I fear how others perceive me. Do they think I am stupid? Do they think I am weird? Well, really, what they think of me is none of my business. My ego would like to rein me in and keep me in check by throwing out all kinds of fears and insecurities, but how joyful life would be if I were free from all that nonsense. My true self, my higher self , my inner guide, will help me to navigate this journey naturally. I have been having bursts of insight and inspiration lately, particularly after speaking with inspiring, happy ( wonderful, joyful, beautiful, loving ) people. When these thoughts come, I am learning to just allow them to flow, not to edit or try to analyze them, but rather to just allow. Sometimes the flash is so quick that I don't have time to reach for a pen. That's why sometimes when I am blogging, I go off in a tangent, but I am just letting it flow because I know that the meaning will come forward. Chip always used to tell me "go with the flow".

So, yes, my ego does want to get me and keep me and will put those niggling little doubts in my mind in just about everything I do. But, ego, I got news for you. I am an awesome spiritual being, powerful beyond belief, and I am powered by Love. And I won't let you rain on my parade. And I have some awesome, wonderful people in my corner too. We are all one. Let's take this journey together and help one another along the way.

Be excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment