Saturday, February 23, 2013

Old Friends



Remember this? This was about 7 years ago, Syd and I are on Shadow, who was 30 years old at the time. That's Peaches in the background. Can't remember what I was laughing about, but Syd was sooo serious - "like - really Nana! "  It was a beautiful day, as you can see.

  I have been thinking about the old friends a lot lately. Maybe because I know that they are still around, just somewhere that I cannot (yet) see. I like to think that they are galloping along beside me as I walk the place, with all the dogs and cats at my feet. And my beloved, Chip by my side. I imagine they stop and wheel around, whinnying - "come on, let's go!, let's run and play!!"  We stroll down the hill to the creek, where the horses have stopped for a drink. Rusty is pawing the water, spraying it all over everyone just like always. He sticks his head way under and shakes it back and forth, blowing bubbles. We cross the creek , stepping on the submerged rocks, dancing that little dance of trying to keep our balance and not fall in. On the other side, in the feed lot, the cows are resting. Chewing cud and lowing softly to their calves.

Hand in hand we walk. The warm breeze tickles the new grass, and it moves and sways in it's own dance. Time stands still. The Earth stops spinning for just that brief moment in time, time which really doesn't exist, as this is forever. And that's just the way I like it......

No comments:

Post a Comment