Saturday, August 17, 2013

Another Magical Night!!

Bonnie, Dave and I went to see the Remains again last night in Blue Ash. God, how I love them. Never, ever would I have imagined that I would be putting myself out there in front of thousands of people, dancing. There was this incredibly funny and charming guy dancing up front with a group of girls ( well they were all about my age ) and we were watching him and laughing and when Bonnie and I went down to dance to "Don't Stop Believing", he started to dance with us. It was so much fun.

Plus I have made a new friend. His name is Ronnie. That's all I know for now, since we are chatting on a website. Thank you BMK, he thought your response was funny.

Looking back, reminiscing :


Now, who could that be?  Hot blooded, high strung Arabian, in full Park attire; flat Park saddle, double bridle ( 2 bits, 4 reins ) running martingale . Looking back 30 years. Good seat, good leg position, but girl, get those hands down! And I still won!  Chewie was quite a handful. They gave him to me because I was quiet and shy and they felt that I would be a good calming influence on him. The adventures we had! I remember that Anthony tried to ride him once, and Chewie flipped over backward with him. Then I got on him. Back then I was fearless. Or stupid.

Oh my, that reminiscing can be dangerous. I have just spent the last couple of hours looking at old photos and just chilling. Happy, yet bittersweet. Reminds me of all the things that I love in this world.






More words inside, but my sense is that they are happy being unsaid right now.
So, do I consider that I wasted time today, or do I look at it as if I have had a wonderful afternoon of relaxing and remembering? Sometimes you just need to take time for yourself and refresh. And this week I was kind of contemplative. After all, I have been learning that my impatience is not serving me well. No need to hurry things along.  Best to chill, go with the flow, and enjoy the ride. And remember, remember, remember that I always feel closer to Chip when I am grounded and happy. And right now, that is exactly where I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment