Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Perfectly Content

Did not think that I would feel this good, knowing that I have so much to do and think about. But I really do feel calm and grounded. You know what? The hay is going to get done. And I will get the yard cleaned up and bush hogged and trimmed. The fence lines are not bad and the barn is clean for the most part. And as for the house, well, gonna get those bathrooms done, new carpet and the old shed removed and the yard graded and a new shed put in with a loafing stall for the animals added to the back. Oh, and I have to paint the front bay window. But I don't feel stressed about it. Hmmmm. Why do you think that is?

The tattoo is peeling a little. Darn. Here I was thinking this was really easy, no sweat, and now it's starting to scab up and itch. Oh well, Rain will touch it up if need be, and I really do love it. I feel so empowered!

Been thinking again about gratitude, and taking people for granted and being open and loving without fear of rejection. Today was a great day at work, very busy and I felt like I was able to accomplish some things. There is so much to learn and every day there is something new to work on. And Reagan and Riley came to play for a couple of hours! It is so nice to be able to enjoy work. And I try to let everyone there know how thankful I am to be a part of the group, and how much I appreciate everything they have done for me. And, even though it may sound sappy, I really care about everyone there. So there.

You just can't say it too much. If you care about someone, let them know. There are so many ways to show it. A smile, a kind word, a helping hand, sometimes just a sympathetic ear. What can it hurt to extend that kindness to everyone? Does it cost anything to smile at a stranger, open a door for someone, let someone cut in front of you in line or in traffic? When you do these things, you will notice several things. One, the other person will receive the benefit of your kindness and will react ( hopefully) with kindness of their own, and possibly go about their day in a much happier mood than before. Two, you receive the benefit of the awesome feeling knowing that you have helped someone have a better day. Three, the universe will absorb and reflect back the loving vibrations that you have created in being kind to a fellow being, and the cycle continues. Remember, we are all connected.

And this feeling of peace and contentment is so welcome. Almost like I am being enveloped in loving arms, a giant bear hug. Well, maybe I am. You know, really, it is good to be back to feeling like all is well. There is much to think about, but because I am feeling this peacefulness, I am taking that as a good sign that I am on the right path and everything will work out just as it is meant to. And of course, most importantly, my beloved is by my side, guiding and protecting me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment