Friday, June 14, 2013

Pondering

Was having a really nice chat with Noella tonight as I was getting ready to head home and she invited me over for the Fourth of July. Sounds like it is going to be a whole lot of fun and I am really looking forward to it. I have been there a little over 2 months and already feel like I have a whole new family. Like the brothers and sisters that I always wished I had. It is such an overwhelming feeling of deep gratitude and appreciation when I think of these great people and how they have brought so much fun and a sense of belonging and camaraderie to my life. They are teaching me so much, not just about law and working in a legal office, but about how wonderful it is to be a part of such a close-knit group of people, all working together as a team for the good of the whole. Hey, I am not sucking up, I truly feel this. Remember, I keep saying that you need to tell people you care about them and appreciate them. Yeah, I kind of find myself holding back and editing my thoughts right now because I know some of you may read this, and I don't want to come across as seeking favor, but this is my outlet, the place that I register my deepest feelings, and in sharing them, I am just being honest and authentic to my self. I respect each and every one of you. BMK, CNCK, RSC, EGB, CH, NC, MAM, SS.

Last night got to have dinner with my dear friend Beth. Oh Beth, I have missed you so and hope that we can get together more often. You make this world such a wonderful place for so many souls, and give of yourself with no thought about what is in it for you. Beth, you are such an inspiring, loving person and you deserve the best that life has to offer. I am honored to call you friend.

Going back to the drive home tonight, I always used to rush home, eager to get home to Chip.  Couldn't wait, and I would always get anxious and impatient if I had to stop on the way and run errands. All I wanted to do was get home to his loving arms. Well, then I felt sad. Like, there is no need to rush home, exactly. But that is true in a good way also, because he is by my side always now, always with me. And we were never the couple that went out and did things like most people do. It was more fun for us to stay home and just sit side by side on the couch, cuddled together. Or working on the farm. Our entertainment was walking fence, or herding cows, or bushhogging. And we still do, just in a different way.

Someday, the "switch" is going to trip and I am going to come into my abilities. The words I write will flow more effortlessly, have more meaning, find their way to those who need them. I will learn to communicate more effectively with Spirit, and pass the messages I receive along to those they are intended for. I will spread hope and healing and love and light to the world, one person, one chapter at a time.

The people who come into your life are there for a purpose. Some for just a moment, some for a lifetime. Really, in the concept of eternity, it is all just a moment. But each one carries a lesson for you and it is your choice as to how you relate to them. It could be just a quick brush with a total stranger waiting in line with you, a warm smile and kind word, that turns your bad day around and gives you a feeling of love and peace. Or it could be a dear friend who is by your side always. Or a lover whose gentle caress melts away the stress of life and takes you to a place of love and bliss. And  teachers and soul friends and of course, soul mates. Some of them have been with you many times and will continue to journey with you. Others serve their purpose and move on to their own journey. We are all connected. Nothing is really random. Open your eyes and look around, see life for what it really is. Open your ears and listen, hear the beauty in every kind word, birdsong, innocent laughter. Open your hearts and know. Know that we are all one. That the only way to get through this thing called life is to live and love and share. Share kindness, compassion, love, truth. Give your smile and time to a lonely person, be kind, be caring. Remember to always treat others as you wish to be treated. Remember - we are all connected, we are all one.

BE excellent to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment