Thursday, May 2, 2013

Our Anniversary - Happy Anniversary Love

Sixteen years ago today, I married the love of my life. I remember how excited we were. We had a lot to do because of the cows, and we did not live on the farm yet. And we did not tell anyone we were getting married - just went and did it. Such fun! This is our first anniversary that Chip is not here physically. However, our love is far too powerful for the veil to separate us, dear one. We have much to do here together, with you as my guide. I am eager to proceed. There is a much greater purpose for us. I feel your love radiating all about me.  " I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive."
You are my soul mate and my true love.

So, we never really did anything fancy to celebrate.We are pretty laid back and the simple pleasures are most important, so I went to Frisch's and got a super big boy platter. And I had some Maker's Mark in a coke and made a toast to us. That is probably exactly what we would have done. Maybe we would have eaten in the restaurant. And then I mowed the lawn. Got the mower started first try ( I believe my angel helped with that , thank you ) and mowed the whole yard. Drunk mowing. It was fun. Had another revelation last night too. I am like a baby bird that the mama is pushing out of the nest, teaching her how to spread her wings and fly. Or as Brad says it, I was a caterpillar that has turned into a butterfly. There are so many things that I depended upon Chip for, and now I have to learn to do them for myself. I hope Chip is proud of me for my efforts.

So this weekend I can concentrate on cleaning the house and getting the rest of the yard cleaned up. Now to just get the chainsaw going and get those felled trees out of the place. But as always, I may just take it easy and putter around. Good golly, just as I was typing this, Susie messaged me to invite me over to Nancy's Saturday night for pizza and cake for my birthday!! I am really touched right now.  Yeah, my angel is looking after me.

And with that, I am going to close this post.

   Early evening on the farm - the view from my back yard 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment