Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Empathy

Something fairly new, and I don't know if it is just because I am being overwhelmed by the feelings of those I am close to and bonded to, or if maybe this is a new development as well. Have noticed lately that I am not picking up so much on the emotions of others that I do not know. For instance, at the festival last weekend, I only got one strong hit, as opposed to feelings flying at me from every direction from all of the people. And the one I got was a no brainer as I felt that anyone could tell this guy was pissed. But as I said, I am overwhelmed right now with the emotions of those close to me, there is so much angst going on right now. I wonder if I don't get random "hits" and assign them to a specific person in error. There are some people (you know who you are) that I have a sort of connection to that I simply cannot help picking up on and know for certain that it is them. But there are others that I know I am receiving, but not from whom. Maybe I am becoming successful in being grounded and blocking these random feelings. And another thing is I am better able to differentiate between my own feelings and those of others. This makes it easier when you are in a stressful environment. I can now put out feelers and determine if those emotions belong to me or someone else. So all in all , I am learning.  You know, I don't understand why I pick up these feelings of others. What is the purpose? Is it just that you can know and send love and light to the person?

It is difficult to not become overwhelmed with the emotions of others. If someone you know is hurting, it affects you. And I am really wondering about the connections we have with others. There are some people that I rarely pick up on, and others that seem to zoom right in no matter what. It's not like I try to feel this. It brings up the question of whether or not this is karmic, or a soul connection. Even total strangers can have some connection with you, even if just for this one little moment. After all, I will most likely never see my mystery cowboy again, but he touched me ( not literally unfortunately!) and I have been having a lot of fun with it ever since. It is vitally important to send out positive vibrations to all you come into contact with, for you never know how you may touch and impact that person's life.

I keep wondering about how people can be cruel and hateful to one another. How they can use each other and then walk away. Self preservation is a very powerful human drive. Of course, it has to be. But really, in the end, what does one gain? All lessons. Another friend has let me down, let a bunch of down actually, and that has me thinking. But we have to take everything that we are given and process it and what we do with the information will determine if we progress through the lesson or if we must "re-take the class". Believe me, I am ready to graduate. If I could clock out right now, I would. Ah, but that is a post for another time.

Would be so nice to concentrate on writing and working on my soul purpose, rather than worrying about all of the crap. But things seem to be moving along again. Onward and upward.
That private island is looking better and better all the time.

Wish you would join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment