Friday, July 26, 2013

This Crazy Week

Well friends, this week is over and I think most of the people I know are happy for that. Two of my friends were faced with tragedy this week. My love and prayers go out to you and your families. And of course work was insane. But we all pulled together and made it! We are a team, and I am so grateful that I am a part of it. Rebecca, Stephanie, Melissa, E and I - team C-K! We held down the fort and hopefully the C-K's had an awesome time.

Today, around quitting time, Rebecca walked up to me and said " I am cutting you loose. Shut down your computer, grab your stuff and get out of here!" I looked up at her in terror and said " you're firing me??" We got a good laugh out of that, because the way she said it, I was afraid that is what she meant. A good laugh is a great way to start the weekend. Love ya, Becky! You are an awesome boss! Hope that I was able to help this week with all the extra stuff and craziness. I am learning and will just keep getting better and better. You were awesome this week!

So I am looking forward to this weekend. Don't know what plans I have, may just sit around the house all weekend, unless someone calls and wants to hang out. Bonnie and I may go to a festival. Rebecca and Stephanie may be at St. Ann's so if we go there that could be fun. But for now, it is Friday night, and I just got home and let the pups out. I think I will run down the street later to get a bite. You know, I have not cooked a meal for myself in months. It is simply so much easier to pick something up on the way home, or have leftovers from lunch. Or nothing at all, depending on how I feel. Be nice if Dave or someone stopped by.

There are a bunch of things to say, but for now I think I will step out and relax a little. This has been an incredibly emotional week in so many ways and that may be one of the reasons that I have been so melancholy lately. Just things I have to experience in order to grow. I am at a certain point in my journey that is working on my heart and I need to experience all of the feelings and allow them to guide me. Right now, tonight , I feel at peace with that. Here is that maturity I told you about. May also have something to do with the advice of a dear friend. So when my heart is ready, I will be able to journal my feelings here. Right now I need to be gentle and loving with myself. And I am not saying this is a bad thing. Like I said, right now I feel calm, grounded and peaceful. All part of the journey, and the fact that I do feel at peace right now lets me know that everything is happening as it should be.

Here's to the best weekend yet!
Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment