Saturday, July 13, 2013

In The Mist

Talking with my good friend Brad the other day, and he said something that triggered a great memory of a memory of Chip's. Chip told me of a day when he and Lee went to a draft horse pull in the very early morning. Chip would recount the scene, eyes bright with tears of joy, telling me that they could not see because of the fog. And then, suddenly they heard the thunder of hooves pounding the earth, and then, through the mist, appeared these magnificent beasts, in full harness, snorting and straining, pulling their loads. Chip was so in awe over the beauty of the scene, and in his re-telling of this memory, I was able to experience it with him. So thank you, my dear friend, for the gift of remembering.
 
 
 
This is for YOU, dear Brad.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment